Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fabulous Weekend

This weekend was busy, but it was wonderful. I'm so thankful for good friends.

My weekend actually started off Friday afternoon. I took time off work and headed to the beach. My roommate Daniel had a friend in town, which created the perfect excuse. And it was a perfect day. After the rain we had earlier in the week, the sun was out and it had warmed up. It had to be mid-80's in Malibu with a very slight breeze. Could not have asked for a nicer day.

Saturday was part two. I went to Magic Mountain with a group of friends. I thought it was going to be very crowded after the first few minutes, but it didn't turn out to be as bad as I had feared. We still had to wait, especially for the big rides, but it could have been much worse.

The only person I knew well before the weekend started was Daniel. Basically, he'd invited me to hang out with his friends for two days. Didn't phase me in the least. I had a great time.

Sunday, I started the membership class at church in the morning.

The afternoon was supposed to be a nice, relaxing time at home. That didn't exactly work out when Kurt called to see if I want to join him and Kellie to see Where the Wild Things Are. I debated about it before Daniel, Sam, and I joined them. Turns out none of us really liked it. I was merely ambivolent about it, but the rest hated it. One thing I didn't like was the sadness and loneliness it made me feel. Go back and look at my weekend and then tell me why I should be feeling lonely. It took me a couple hours to shake it off.

Fortunately, I went over to Joe's. Hanging out with him and Josh while watching Babylon 5 helped me shake that feeling.

No comments: