Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Signings

Actually, it's been a pretty quiet week. I've been to two book signings, and that's about the extent of my excitement.

The first was Saturday. I showed up about half an hour late. Either I was the only customer to show up or anyone else had left already. Either way, it was just the store employees, Lee Goldberg, Bill Rabkin, and me. Got to hear some fun stories from Lee and Bill's times working on various TV shows, including some I hadn't heard before.

Then I raced back to town and arrived just in time to start a Harry Potter marathon with Ryan and Charis. We watched movies 3-5 to get ready for movie 6 (which I am finally going to get to see tonight.)

Sunday I just hung out at home between church in the morning and hanging out with Joe in the evening.

But what I really needed Sunday was a nap. See, I did not sleep well Thursday or Friday nights. Frankly, I still haven't completely recovered, but I am feeling better. At least I'm not getting a headache every time I run now.

The second book signing was Tuesday night. Rhys Bowen is out promoting her most recent book. Stayed longer than I thought I would because I was having so much fun.

And boy, summer has hit. It's been around 100 every day for the last week. I'm not complaining. I love hot weather. And it gives me a good excuse to go jump in the pool every day.

Having been working out quite as much this week. Did go over and have Ryan attempt to fix my cleans last night. He thought I was getting better by the time we quit, but I'm not quite so sure. Either way, my legs are mildly sore today, especially when I stand up after sitting for a while.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What does "fix my cleans" mean?

Mark Baker said...

Cleans are a weight lifting movement. I'm doing them all wrong, so we worked on getting me to do them correctly.

Leslie said...

Ah. that makes more sense. I was trying to figure out what that meant.