Monday, July 06, 2009

4th of July 2009

Wow. For a blog that is supposed to be about my life, I sure haven't been doing much life blogging recently, have I?

See, I do have this life beyond ulitimate Frisbee. And books.

Heck, I even missed wishing you a happy new (fiscal) year last week. *Hangs head in shame*.

Actually, work has been pretty busy since we did have the fiscal year end last week. Added work trying to keep stuff separate between the two years. Plus I've been working with our CFO to finalize budget stuff. That's the majority of what I've done Thursday and today. In fact, today was one of those days where I was going at top speed all day long. Either I was in the CFO's office working or I was in my office trying to get the other stuff that needed my attention done. I came home and crashed. But it is amazing what a couple hours in front of the TV can do for you.

Thursday night after work, I went down and played some beach ultimate. Fun times. It was winder and colder than I would have liked. But that didn't stop me from jumping in the ocean when I was done. The water felt great.

I had Friday off work for the 4th. I didn't do a whole heck of a lot. And I'm not even going to pretend I'm upset about that, either. Just goofing off felt great.

I did go out that night with one of my roommates to a free blues concert they had downtown. I enjoyed it for a little while, but I got bored before it was over.

Saturday being the 4th, I did the whole BBQ and fireworks thing. I started with a pool side BBQ with the Friday night Bible study I attend. Had fun swimming and talking for much longer than I thought I would stay. I still left before the last dog was hung, however, to connect up with friends for dinner and fireworks. We went to a park near Kurt and Kellie's house. We had quite the show of (illegal) fireworks before the real ones started. I must admit I enjoyed them. They did keep shooting off the illegal ones once the real ones started, which bugged me. We were a little further away then I thought we would be, so some of the lower fireworks got hidden by the trees. Still, it was a good time. We left in a hurry though. The sprinklers were coming closer and closer to where we had camped out in the grass.

Sunday was church, both morning and evening again. Then I headed over to Joe's where he and I watched Sky High. The third member of our trio was out of town still. But Joe and I had a good time.

And I've been running. You could say I was breaking in my new running shoes. So far, I really like them. Friday morning, I went for a mile and a half walk. Saturday, I went for a two mile run. I completed both in 24 minutes. I just got back from a run tonight. Was supposed to connect with my friend Dan, but we missed each other. We both got good runs in, however.

No comments: