Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer League Game 8

Friday night was the 8th summer league game for my team. We were playing the only team left in co-ed that was undefeated.

And we got off to a great start. At the end of the first point, the score was 1-0.

Unfortunately, we had no where to go but down. And we did. We let them score the next few points in a row. We managed to make it a three point game at half 5-8. And we kept playing hard in the second half, but we finally lost 10-15.

Honestly, we play hard. We just keep throwing it away. Of course, shorter passes might help with that some. Long throws are fun, but they don't work as often as short passes.

On a personal note, it was a mixed bag as well. I felt I did okay on defense. I got beat back a couple of times, but never for a score. And I was able to stick on my man when he was trying to be the dump, thereby keeping him from getting the disc.

But on offense, I completely blew it. This was the first game in a couple of weeks where I was able to get open to get the disc thrown to me (mainly because they were poaching off me). The first time I got it, I threw it away. From there, I preceeded to drop it every time they threw it to me. A couple were hard throws, but one or two of them were easy. I thought catching the disc wasn't a problem for me, but obviously I was wrong on that account, too.

We went out for drinks after the game. I got water. Well, okay, and apple pie a la mode. I was going to head home around 11, but it was almost midnight before I left. Guess that means I was having a good time.

So our record right now overall is 4-4, which puts us at 8th out of 14 teams.

But here's the part I find really funny. Our point differential (points we've won by minus points we've lost by) is exactly 0. We truly are the middle of the road team.

This is our bye week, and our game next week is on Thursday. I'm ready for another win.

No comments: