Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Worth Every Penny Paid (And Then Some)

You'll never guess where I was this weekend. Disneyland!!!!

Angelique e-mailed me the week before saying she might get her hands on two free tickets that had to be used by the 15th. So, if I was available.... She didn't have to ask me twice.

And we couldn't have asked for a better day. It was supposed to be low 70s for a high, and it wouldn't surprise me to find out it reached 75 or so. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Yes, it cooled off once the sun set, but I was comfortable with my light jacket on.

The park was fairly empty in the morning, too. We walked on Pirates and Splash Mountain. It was more crowded in the afternoon. Surprisingly, it didn't empty out once it cooled off. I really had expected it to. Of course, maybe if the weather had turned cold it would have. Either way, we did get everything on our list occomplished with two fewer hours in the day since the park wasn't opened as long as normal. The lines were still long for Finding Nemo Submarines, so we didn't attempt that.

One highlight was Small World Holiday. It was still all decked out for Christmas, which we hadn't expected. Since we've only seen it that way once, in 2001, it was nice to see that again. And let me tell you, the outside at night is amazing.

There is one downside, however. I pulled my normal don't sleep before Disneyland routin. Then, rather then fight it, I slept in instead of going to church Sunday. Now I am having trouble going to sleep at night and getting up in the morning. In fact, I've been very late for work both days so far this week. I've got to do better tomorrow.

No comments: