Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Threesome for December 20th

This week's edition is brought to us by carolers and The Back Porch.

Onesome: Angels-- as tree topppers? ...or spires? Stars? Bears? What do you like to use to set off that tree?
I actually don't have a tree topper. Which works well because I don't think the top of my artificial tree would support one. I'd love one like my parents have that is basically a star but includes some scenes from the Biblical story in the middle.

Twosome: we have-- heard you're getting something special this year! Do you have any idea what any of your Christmas presents are going to be?
No clue. It probably helps that I haven't actually seen any of my family since they started shopping. But at least I know exactly what everyone is getting from me. And I have them all, too.

Threesome: ...heard-- the worst Christmas song ever this year? Which one is it for you? I mean that one that even if Aunt Martha is playing it on Christmas Eve puts you out on the porch!
Actually, I haven't heard any bad songs this year. No bad version of "O Holy Night." And I haven't come close to hearing Steven Curtis Chapman's horrid "Going Home for Christmas," either. And that makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm envious of your parents' tree topper - i've been on the search for the perfect tree topper this year and haven't been able to find one. tonight i finally settled on a pretty angel that was half off at penney's, but i fully intend to continue my search until i find *the* tree topper. that one sounds perfect.

when did you switch to artificial trees? bummer :P

and ugh - steven curtis can really do some bad Christmas songs. sooooo sappy. i mean, way too sappy. lol...