Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Weekend of the Movies

So, I spent lots of time this weekend at the movies.

I started Friday night by going to see the new Fantastic Four movie. To be honest, I'm not sure why I was so intent on seeing it since I was only mildly entertained by the first one. Yet I enjoyed it. Could have been better, but better then the first.

Saturday morning, I started by heading to Thousand Oaks for a book signing. Susan Kandel was signing her new book, Christietown. It was nice to chat with her. Can't wait to read the book.

Then I drove back up here and hit the theater downtown. Up first was a matinee of Nancy Drew. Believe it or not, this was my favorite of the three I saw. Decent mystery that felt like something from the series. I couldn't quite tell if they were trying to mock Nancy or praise her. That was my biggest complaint.

I had a few hours between movies, so I went to Souplantation for dinner. Yum! And I brought Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with me, so I got some nice reading in as well.

Then it was back to the theater for the sneak peak of Ratatouille. I must say, this was my biggest disappointment of the weekend. Having loved every previous Pixar film, I thought this one could have been better. One sub-plot should have been removed to better focus on what was left. But I seem to be the only person who hasn't absolutely loved it. So don't take my word for it. See it for yourself.

So then Sunday I went and saw...nothing. I was movied out. Instead, I read down by the pool. It was perfect weather for it, pleasantly warm with a gentle breeze. And the pool water was the perfect temperature, too. When it started to cool off, I headed indoors and finished Harry Potter. This book definitely could have used some editting. I was more then ready to get to the climax by the time we finally got there.

Now I am reading The False-Hearted Teddy and loving it just as much as the first.

Last night was my ultimate Frisbee game for the week. We started out down, ending the half 2-8.

Sounding familiar?

Unfortunately, the comparisons with last week end there. We did finish the game 9-15, but we lost. So our record for the season so far is 2-1. Definitely something to be proud of. Now, if I just had some speed to my running, I'd really be happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I like the movies, I haven’t gone in almost a year.
Every time I want to, I find out that these is something political in it and i refuse to see that trash.