Wednesday, June 13, 2007

And Now, for the Rest of the Story

So, I think I left off preparing for the weekend.

Friday night, I went to my first ultimate Frisbee game of the season! Yes, it's time for summer league to start again. And, since I took last year off, I was afraid I would be rusty.


All things considered, I was proud of how well I did. I kept up with my man of defence as much as I ever did. But more importantly, I got open several times on offense and was highly involved in a couple plays. Considering that doesn't happen every game, that made me feel very good.


And we won! Final score was 15-12. It was actually not that close in the second half. We were up 14-8 at one point then they scored four in a row. But still, a win is a win.


Now, I hope I can do as well again tonight. I have been exhausted all day. I feel like I'm in a fog or something. I think it's because I've been actually getting up when my alarm goes off so I can get in some Bible reading.


See, at church, we are challenging ourselves to read the Bible in 90 days. I don't know what I was thinking, but I signed up. And I've got a built in accountability partner in Clint, so I have to stick with it. But that adds an hour to my already packed day. So I am doing the best I can to squeeze it and everything else in.


Anyway, Saturday, Shaun Groves was down in Anaheim doing a concert. I went down with Clint, Kurt, and Kenny. They had never heard him before, and were very impressed as well. We left town much later then I wanted, then hit traffic due to the Dodger game. But we only missed the first three songs. Would have liked to be there for the whole thing, but I definitely enjoyed what I did see. And there's always next time.


And I got to chat with him for a couple minutes after the concert, too, which was nice.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you. And thanks for introducing yourself afterwards. Always god to put a face with a screen name.

See next time we're in SoCal.

-Shaun

Mark Baker said...

Wow!

Thanks for my official geek out moment of the day.