Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Getting Bad About This

Has it really been 8 days since I updated this thing with life news? Yikes!

Remember who, when I ordered my computer, I said it wasn't going to arrive until right around Christmas? I was wrong. Instead of shipping between the 18th and 21st, it shipped last Friday and arrived at Mom and Dad's Monday. If I'd known, I could have had it shipped down here and been using it already. O well. At least it won't arrive after I plan to leave to head back south. And I'll have it to use when I'm up there for Christmas.

Speaking of which, I am proud of myself. Every year finds me rushing to wrap presents and watch Christmas specials in the last couple days before I leave. Usually, I do it at the same time. This year, I wrapped presents while watching the Survivor finale via tape Monday night. Then tonight, I watched Frosty, Charlie Brown, and the Grinch. still haven't gotten around to watching the original Santa Clause. Maybe if I get off work early tomorrow?

And this is inspite of the fact that I spent all weekend partying. Friday night was the jr. high Christmas party. Saturday I went to Mysteries to Die for's annual Christmas party and got to catch up with Joanne Fluke. Then I met up with Debbie and Casey to see Eragon. I liked the movie at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt the story was a little too easy. Of course, when I found out that a 700 page novel was turned into a film less then 2 hours long, I suddenly understood why I felt that way. Anyway, Sunday night was the Christmas carol sing at church followed by Kurt and Kellie's Christmas party. A packed but fun weekend.

Tomorrow is the last day of work for the year. And I think I'm in pretty good shape. I have almost all of the work done I need to get done. Just a little bit of year end payroll stuff to do tomorrow (like printing W-2's) and I'll be good to go.

Tuesday, we had a potluck at work. I made a cheesecake, and it was a huge hit.

Also yesterday, I went to the movies again. My friend Adam and I went to see The Pursuit of Happyness. We found it to be rather depressing. I'm not sure either of us liked it. It was a last chance to hang out for a while since he's heading to IBEX next semester. The bum!

But today I got the best news of the week. Remember that sweepstakes Epinions is running? I won $100! I so seldom win sweepstakes that I'm rather surprised. And thrilled. Yes, I'll still be entering next week's as well (for one things I've got reviews written that will qualify), but I won't be upset if I don't win again.

No comments: