Friday, December 08, 2006

Catch up Part 1

See, I told you I would update at some point.

Let's see if I can cover Thanksgiving.

The only bad part of my trip to Dallas was the parking. I had to park on the roof of the parking garage. I was hoping I wouldn't have to leave my car in the sun. But I got right on one of the Van Nuys Fly Away buses to LAX and got to the airport in plenty of time. In fact, it only took me 20 minutes to check in, check my bag, and get through security. Certainly can't complain about that. And can I just say I love non-stop flights?

Thursday was focused on food, of course. Which was very good, of course. Mom and SiL are great cooks, of course.

For the next few days, we hung out at the house or other stuff. Played lots of games, including Backgammon. Turns out all of us have recently learned how to play. That was lots of fun.

I made it to Half Price Books this trip. Didn't buy any of the books I need to complete series, mainly because some of what I wanted was already on my Christmas list. Did still manage to buy a couple books by authors I've wanted to try.

And Monday night, we went into Grapevine and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. Everyone else has been to the one in San Francisco, but I haven't. They all enjoy eating there, so it was nice to finally eat at one, even if it isn't the "official" one. The bad part was our waitress. She was a grump the entire time. Then she spilled something and it went all over my shirt. Fortunately, it came out when I washed it.

The weather was beautiful the entire time we were there. 70's or 80's during the day. Made it really hard to come back to 50 degrees here. Yes, it was freezing when I got home. Barely hitting 50 and getting down to freezing at night. Hey, for me this is cold! But they had a bad storm a couple days after we left, and their weather really changed as well. Makes it not quite as bad I had to leave.

No comments: