Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Six Days This Time

So, what's been happening in the last week in my life? Why thank you for asking.

I am so fed up with the guys doing the repiping on my unit! I came home Friday night to find that my shower wasn't usable. They had taken the shower head off and one of the guards to keep the water from getting into the wall is loose. Additionally, the washer and dryer were completely unplugged, including from the electricity. Silly me thought this might get taken care of yesterday since they showed up too late for me to talk to anyone. So today I left a message for them to call me, which they did. I then told them the problems, which they assured me they would fix. I came home tonight to find out they had fixed one out of two. Guess which one. At least I'll have clean towels tomorrow when I use Paul's shower.

And I really can't complain about that. Paul has no problem with me using his shower, as long as I'm out in time for him to get in. Means I have to get up and going earlier then I'm used to, but at least I can go to work clean.

So how about some good news. Or at least fun news.

Friday I had a half day, and I really didn't want to come home and try to stay out of the workers' ways. Of course, if I had realized the mess they were going to leave behind, I would have come home. Anyway, I went down to Van Nuys and hung out with Debbie. She taught me Backgammon, which I am now seriously addicted to. And then we watched Take the Lead and Just Like Heaven, both of which are great films.

Saturday, I went to Grace Baptist for their Passon Week concert. Not only are Konrad and Carol in the orchestra, but a co-worker is on the costume committe and in the choir. I really enjoyed it. I got the special performance, because just as the pastor was starting to talk, the smoke alarm went off. The dry ice they have been using for special effects got into the system. It took a few minutes to get it shut off, and then things concluded.

Sunday, after my own church service, I went down to Konrad and Carol's for Easter lunch. Cabbage rolls. I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed them inspite of the fact that they have cabbage in them. Then we played games. Rummikub and Killer Uno to be exact. I didn't get home until 9, so you know we had fun.

No comments: