Thursday, December 22, 2005

And to All a Good Night

Tuesday, Casey and I were stupid. We went to Wal-Mart.

Or, at least that's what I would have thought had I not gone there. The parking lot was packed, but the store itself really wasn't that bad. I've seen it much worse on regular days. Or in the middle of December. But for the 20th, it wasn't bad.

Same with the mall when I went on the 21st. Monday, it had been super crowded. Maybe this means everyone in town is done with their shopping already. I know I've been hearing that retail sales were strong, so I don't think this is a bad sign.

Meanwhile, not much else going on around here.

Left work a little before three today. Still have my jeans drying in the dryer, but that's the final part of the three loads of laundry I did today.

I was going to be all packed so I could just get up and leave in the morning, but it's not going to happen. I'm way too tired, and I put off packing until my clothes were done. It'll be easier in the morning anyway because I can just gather stuff up and go instead of trying to pack half tonight and half tomorrow. Of course, it means I either have to get up earlier or leave later. Or both.

Anyway, I am leaving for my parents in the morning. Won't be back until New Year's Day. I'll check in if I can, but if you don't hear from me, don't panic.

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments: