Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Week? Yikes!

Can't believe it's been a week since I posted here. Life has just been crazy.

My brother and sister-in-law were in town this weekend because Bro was in a wedding. It was great to see them. When they weren't swamped with wedding stuff, that is. They stayed with us, as did Bro's best friends, so the condo was rather crowded. And Casey is a saint!

Anyway, I took Friday afternoon off work to spend a little more time with them. Took them on a tour of all the hot spots in town like my church and office since SiL has never been here before. Other then that, we basically hung out when they could.

Saturday, while they were at the wedding, I baked cookies like crazy. Three different kinds, to be exact. I still have left overs of one variety, even with bring them into work and to a youth staff meeting last night. They were all big hits, although I was a little disappointed with one variety. Yes, they were good, but didn't taste as advertised to taste. And yes, these are from Joanne Fluke's books, so I can now say I've tried recipeS from the books myself. (I made one last month as well.)

One reason I did all this baking was because game night was at the condo Saturday night. A good time was had by all. We played Apples to Apples again. I just love that game!

Bro and SiL left after the game night, and his friend left while I was at church Sunday morning, so the apartment was nice and quiet again come Sunday afternoon. And how did Casey and I celebrate? By going to see Batman Begins, finally. I'm not a big fan of the other movies, but I really liked this one. Made Bruce/Batman feel real and someone I could understand for a change.

Unfortunately, I messed up over at All Consuming Sunday. If you mark that you've completed something, you can't get it back for my sidebar. Which means I have no movies over there at the moment. Just TV shows. Oh well.

And speaking of that, I'm going to pick up Mary Tyler Moore season 2 after work. It's finally out!

Week has been a nightmare this week. I've been working on account recs again. You know, the things I've put off all year. Now I have some I have to get done this week or else. And they are in bad shape. When will I learn to keep these things going all year to avoid summer stress? To quote Chris Rice (I've got his best of in the car right now) "Think I'd have it down by now...."

Last night, we had a youth staff meeting at Kurt and Kellie's. Dinner and planning for future events. Went long, but I feel encouraged, which is always needed when leaving a meeting.

Think that's all the news here. Or at least all the news that fits to print. Kidding, I'm kidding. Don't let your imagination get the better of you.

No comments: