Tuesday, July 12, 2005

If the Bulb Burns Out, Replace the Light

That's the cheapest way to do things, right? Yes, this is another for the nothing's ever easy file.

I think I'd mentioned in the past the problems I've been having with the light over my bathroom sink. The second, it stopped working. Think it was the bulbs, I replaced them. It's a two bulb florescent light, and one bulb lit up once, but then didn't work again. So I've been trying to figure out what to do.

Talked to Paul (Kurt of Kurt and Kellie's Dad) over the weekend. He's an electrician. Came over last night to replace the ballast. Except when he got the cover off, he said, "That's too small a ballast. You'll never find a replacement." Yep, they'd put a cheap light in so the only way to fix things is to replace the entire fixture. So we went to Home Depot where I bought a new fixture for him to install. Once we did that, things went along fine. Turned out to be more expensive then I thought it would, however, which I'm not happy about.

On the plus side, I can see at the sink without having both the light from my closet and the bathroom on. And the bottom light must have been out the two years I've lived there, because it's much lighter then I'm used to it being. Not that I'm complaining about the light.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. Haven't had a physical since I was in high school, so I thought it was about time. Spent most of the two hours at the doctor's waiting around. But I got 65 pages in my book read. Gunning to finish tonight since I only have about that much left. And let me say, Mindy Starns Clark has another winner on her hands with her new series. I'm enjoying the debut, The Trouble with Tulip, as much as I've enjoyed the Million Dollar Mysteries.

Anyway, I hardly spent any time with the doctor. He did spot a mole he wants a dermatologist to look at, so I go see him next Wednesday. And I had some blood work done and a tetness booster. All kinds of fun stuff.

Meanwhile, I got a second e-mail from an author today. After I had panned her book at Amazon, she'd e-mailed me saying she was disappointed with my review. Now she's e-mailed again saying she couldn't find what I was talking about in my review and asking me to edit it and e-mail her back. It's been two months, so finding the passages where she contradicted her timeline (my biggest pet peeve, just ask Jennie) will be rather hard. And I didn't like the book the first time through. I really don't feel like rereading it.

No comments: