Monday, June 13, 2005

So Much to Say, So Little Time

Wow, it's been a while since I updated this thing with comments from life, hasn't it? I'll have to hit the highlights, I guess.

Tuesday and Wednesday - nothing out of the ordinary.

Thursday - Didn't have Bible study because of 8th Grade graduation at the school. Went to that in stead. Afterward, headed down to my first ultimate Frisbee game of the summer. Now this year, there was an option asking us about night of the week preferences. I put down Thursday as the only night I have a conflict. Guess which might most of my games are. Yep! Anyway, we did pretty well the first half, only behind 7-9. The second half we fell apart. I think it was something like 10-17 when the game ended. On a personal note, I had two successful completions during the game, something that doesn't normally happen this early in the season.

Friday - Casey was gone for the weekend for his brother's high school graduation. Naturally, it made the condo mine! All mine! As much as I love Casey as a friend and roommate, it was nice to have the place to myself. Especially so I could deal with what happened that night.

One of the formers came by to get a couple things left behind and the mail. As well, I thought, he was going to pay me for the two weeks he lived there in Feb. He told me he'd been thinking about it more and remembered that he had moved in as a guest of one of the other roommates. Of course, it took us about 30 minutes to figure out what was going on. Finally, we concluded that he had been invited to crash on the couch or a bed until the roommate moved out because he didn't have any place to stay. This violated the agreement we had reach a few days before it happened. I was not informed at all about what was going on, leaving me to assume that he had moved in a little early. Combining this with the fact that someone made him a copy of the key without talking to me (I have so many that was a needless thing to do), and I was fuming for the rest of the night. Let's just say that I am very very glad they are all gone because of how little respect they showed me in the last six months. I need to get some guidelines together if I'm going to have to keep roommates.

Saturday - I washed the new sheets I'd gotten earlier in the week. This is the first time I'd had new sheets in more years then I'm willing to admit. Of course, I think I got what I paid for ($8 from Wal-Mart). They're a little rough and see throughish, but it's still nice to have something new. Especially because they're still better then what I already had.

It was also my turn to host the game night. I had 8, the most I've ever had. We had baked potatoes, which went over well again. Plus I made the multiple choice bar cookies from Blueberry Muffin Murder. They were a hit. although I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. I didn't think about the fact that I'm not that big a fan of marshmellows browned, and that's what happens when you bake them. For the game, we played Apples to Apples.

Yesterday - Church stuff. Didn't promote the new 7th graders, still don't know why. And we had a SNYF where the new 7th graders came. Lots of kids and lots of fun.

Think that catches you up to date. Right now, I need to get back to work.

No comments: