Friday, March 11, 2005

Mostly Good News

But first the bad.

Remember how a week ago I was all excited about having found a roommate for when my roommates move out in June? Looks like that's falling through because the guy is being forced out of his current place even after his landlord told him he'd work with him about rent this month since the guy had lost his job. Yep, the same guy who "needed" three months notice would rather be without a roommate then wait an extra two weeks for his money. Call me crazy, but I'd do it the opposite way around.

Speaking of which, I have a roommate who still owes me rent money, don't I?

But on to the good news.

We're starting worship time last night. I've read Psalm 100 as a call to worship and am playing the intro to the first song when suddenly, everyone starting singing "Happy Birthday." I'm sure I turned bright red, but it was very much appreciated. They had a card for me, and there were brownies afterwards, too. Plus some gift certificates from Kurt, Kellie, and Nick and cookies for me from Kellie. I felt very loved and appreciated.

Honestly, I think this is the first time my birthday has been acknowledged with the youth, while everyone else's has. I really appreciated it this year. It doesn't need to be this big every year, but it's nice to have something happen.

I'm sure I had a goofy grin on my face all the time, too. I hope they know how much I appreciated it.

There was also a couple there last night who was introduced as being new jr. high staff. Maybe they've found someone to take over, so it won't be us inmates running the program much longer.

No comments: