Friday, January 28, 2005

It's Wet Out There

The only way that I'm posting this from "Sunny" Southern CA is if you call rain liquid sunshine. I hadn't paid much attention until I left the condo today. That's when I discovered it was pouring. It's been raining mostly all day. Hopefully, those who were hurt by our floods had enough time to try out that today's rain won't make things worse. It's supposed to be back to sun tomorrow, so I'm not too worried.

I was right. I stopped procrastinating yesterday. Actually got quite a bit accomplished in the last couple days.

And I forgot to mentioned I've started working out again now that the fitness center has opened for the semester. Went Monday and today. And boy, can I tell I haven't lifted weights since October. Even at the small amounts I lift.

Wednesday night, things came to a head with one of my roommates and he and I had a nice long talk after I brought Matt back from watching two disappointing Enterprise episodes. Turns out some of the comments I've been taking personally were meant sarcastically. And he thought the games nights sounded like a great idea, not the bad idea he made them sound like when I came home that Sunday night. Not that this is changing anyone moving out.

Of course, that's still a problem I'm having. See, I really can't make any plans for the next six months or so, like Trixie Camp or visiting my brother and sister-in-law, if I don't have roommates. My roommates keep promising to give me 30 days notice before they move out. The problem is, until I get that, I really can't start looking for new roommates. And until I know how many roommates I'm going to have and when they're going to move in, my hands are tied. You know, this whole landlord thing is a royal pain.

I had some other rant to go off on at this point in my blog. And it was vital. :) But I can't for the life of me remember what it was, so I think I'll post this and maybe get a couple reviews written for Amazon before I go to career Bible study tonight.

No comments: