Wednesday, December 15, 2004

This and That. Mostly That

My final was this morning, so I'm now officially through with my class! I didn't do as well as I would have liked. I discovered this by looking at my notes on the way back to my office. :) Still, I hope I did ok overall. After all, I did do the extra credit. But I have no clue how I did on the paper. Never got it back.

Watched Karroll's Christmas on A&E last night. For a twist on Christmas Carol, it was pretty good. I got a huge kick out of it anyway.

On Thursday's post, Matt asked how I got started doing the surveys. When I started this blog, had just joined The Back Porch, which was a group blog at the time. That's kinda died out and now they just do the Thursday Threesome. Anyway, they started doing the TT about the first week I was blogging, so I decided to do it, and I've done every one since.

The word associate I found on Diann's blog, thought it looked like fun, so I started doing it, too.

And I don't remember how I found the TV Tuesday, but I thought that would be appropriate for me to do. :)

So, let's do some, shall we? First up, Sunday's word association.

  1. Plot:: Fiction
  2. Farce:: Funny
  3. Unexpected:: Guest
  4. Siren:: Call
  5. Ben:: Jerry
  6. Freshman:: English
  7. Quicksand:: Sink
  8. 24 hours:: Day
  9. Spunky:: Mary Richards
  10. Vicious:: Mean


And now, this week's TV Tuesday.

1. What's the best holiday-themed episode you've seen this year? (Or you can go with the worst).
Let's see. Reba and Joey are the only ones I've seen, and Reba was a Thanksgiving episode. Don't know if last night's Veronica Mars was holiday themed or not. Of the two, I'd have to go with Joey being the best.


2. What's your all-time favorite holiday-themed episode of any show?
Mary Tyler Moore. Feeling alone at Christmas and then having her co-workers show up to cheer her up is just great. Enjoyed several from Sabrina, but that's the one that sticks out in my mind the most. Of course, if you want to go Halloween, you can't top the "Ghost of A. Chance" episode of Dick van Dyck.

3. Is there any show that did a holiday-theme episode that you avoid like bad eggnog?
None spring to mind. For the shows that I normally watch, anyway.

~ BONUS ~Jaded and cynical, sweet and sappy, somewhere in between. How do you prefer your holiday-themed episodes of your favorite shows?
Obviously, it would have to depend on the show, but I'd have to so with sweet. I'm not too jaded and cynical when it comes to Christmas, so I don't enjoy that in others at this time of year. :)

No comments: