Tuesday, October 12, 2004

TV Tuesday for October 12th

There are weeks I think if I didn't do Meme's on a regular basis, I wouldn't wind up posting anything.

Today's entry is the TV Tuesday for the week.

1. Is there a new show that's caught your attention? Good or bad?
Two of them. Veronica Mars, a mystery show staring a high schooler on UPN. This show has some intriguing characters with a great on-going story about the murder of her best friend. I can't wait for the third episode tonight. Also, Lost, JJ Abram's new show. Somehow, he's managed to take the premise of survivors stranded on an island and made it really intriguing. I can't wait to see what happens next.

2. Were there any season premieres you were just dying to see? Did they live up to the wait?
The ones I'm waiting for most are Alias and 24, both of which don't premier until January. So I'll let you know then. :)

3. What's your all time favorite season or show premiere?
Mary Tyler Moore. I very seldom truly like a show premiere. There is too much back story type stuff and too many characters coming too fast for it to work. But I think that episode is one of the best ever done. Introduces everyone and everything in a logical way while still being truly funny.

~Bonus~ Did you ever end up liking a show that you disliked the premiere of? Which show? Why?
As I just said, most series premiers aren't my favorites because everything is being introduced. I don't judge a series until I'm at least two or three episodes in at the earliest. Alias I was only marginally impressed with, but now I love it. Now I love the pilot, too. That's just one example. A pilot I love is rarer then one I don't like.

No comments: