Thursday, April 15, 2004

Welcome to this week's Thursday Threesome, brought to us by the insomniacs at The Back Porch.

Onesome: Insomnia-- Ever have it? Some do and some don't, but have you ever been hounded awake for that endless hour after hour with no hope of sleep? ...or does the very act of touching head to pillow put you out for the count?
Every so often I get it. Mainly when I’m really worried about having to get something done by a deadline. Even more so if there’s a trip involved. Last time was in January when I was concerned about making it home before Erik wanted to move in. Like I needed to worry. I beat him by several hours.

Twosome: the cure-- Hey, if you do have the occasional bout or chronic insomnia, what do you do about it? Work? Read? Try cures? Hmmm... Did you ever find one that worked?
What works best for me is giving up and reading until I fall asleep. Fortunately, I’m one of those people who can fall asleep reading anything, not someone who actually wakes up when reading.

Threesome: for sleep-- Female/male, young/not so young, we all need varying amounts of sleep. What's your personal sleep cycle? Five hours? Ten hours? ...and if you had a choice, what would be your personal sleep cycle? ...and yes, "All day long" is a valid answer
I seem to need 7 to 8 hours a night. And I would prefer to get up about 8 AM. But I seem stuck having to be up long before then. Weekends, however, I very rarely sleep past 9AM anymore.

No comments: