Sunday, August 04, 2002

No, I haven't abandoned this place. (And poor Shana. Some blogsitter I turned out to be.) Just been too busy the last couple days. Let's see if I can recap.

Friday and Saturday, we worked to get things ready for the audit. We aren't quite to where we'd like to be or where we were last year, but Phil is happy with where we are. Which is a good thing because the audit starts tomorrow whether we're ready or not. I'd just like to point out that I'm not the only one whose fault this is. Jason took two weeks off this month. There are some things that you can only really do in July and taking two weeks off during this time is crazy.

Saturday morning early, a transformer right outside my apartment's downstairs windown blew. It was about 3:30 AM. Woke me and the entire complex up. We were without power for most of the day, I guess. I was here working. :) Anyway, power was back by the time I got home at 3:30 PM.

Went to Crime Time yesterday after working. Got the very bad news that Linda has decided to retire. :( The store will be closing by the end of September. I stayed much later then I intended to commiserating with a fellow mystery fan who spends way too much money there. Jan and I are trying to find a replacement, but it won't be easy. Linda was a very customer friendly place who also treated authors well. And the signings at her shop were wonderful. There was always time to chat with the author, which I completely enjoyed. And she's recommended many of my current favorite mystery authors to me, too. It's hard to believe it's only been two years since I started going in there. I will miss it greatly.

Well, Seth and Keirsten are coming over after church to hang out and watch a movie tonight. I've cleaned the downstairs, but I want to stop by the store and buy some rootbeer to have with the pizza if they want it. I'll shock them by offering something other then water. :) Should be a great time.

No comments: