Wednesday, August 21, 2002

I survived! I'm back from Ventura (the beach) redder, but in one piece. Didn't apply the sun screen yesterday, and I'm paying for it in the one place that wasn't covered up.

Yes, that's right. It was that cold. The sun only partially broke through the clouds both days. All I did was stick my feet in the water, but the cold didn't stop the kids. Most of them got in both days at the beach, and seemed to have a great time. Monday afternoon, I just sat in my wonderful folding chair ($5.88 at Wal-Mart last year ago and worth every penny) and read One for the Money. Yes, that's right, I'm finally starting the Stephanie Plumb series. And I read half the book on the trip. :) Finished it yesterday morning. No, it's not on the must read before Linda closes list, but I finally found it in a library, so I snagged it and read it. I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to Two for the Dough.

Marcus (potential new roommate) finally met with a committee from church Monday night. But that still didn't solve anything!!! Now we have to wait for the deacon meeting Tuesday night for them to officially decide to hire him and what the terms will be. But since this is his only iron in the fire right now, he's pretty set to take it. So I'm holding on for one more week to see if I have a roommate or not.

Speaking of which, Jeff starts moving out today. (Sniff.)

My computer got upgraded while I was gone. I now have Windows XP. (Which I think means I don't need an FTP program to start posting on my web page, right? Misty?) But now I'm having to figure everything out again. Like the programs I use to send payroll tax information. Oy, what a headache!

Need to hit the road. Youth group is, once again, being run by the inmates. At least this time we know about it in advance. I've got a master key to church. (Hee, hee.) So we'll at least have access to a room. The Durons are still at the beach, this time with the Senior high beach retreat.

No comments: