Friday, June 08, 2018

First Summer League Game

It’s the first week of June, so that means it is time for summer league to start up again.  Can you believe it?

And I bet you can guess how my team did in our first game.  Yep, we lost.  7-15.  Seems like I’m going to be in for another long season.

It does sound like we have several women who weren’t there who are very good.  Nothing against our women who were there because they were very involved, but it was obvious that the majority of them hadn’t played much before.  Again, this is how you learn, but too many new players on the field at the same time makes things a little difficult.  Still, as I said, they played very well.

And overall it seems like it will be a good team.  Which is a good thing since there was some drama getting me on a team this year.  Even though I requested Mondays off, I got put on a team that had the majority Monday games.  Fortunately, they were able to switch me to a team with a majority of Tuesday games.  We have just one Monday game, and it actually works perfectly with my schedule.

I just would really like a winning record.  Is that too much to ask?  Or even a break even record with enough victories at the end to go out on a highish note.

No comments: