Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Anniversary Party

Exactly one week ago was my parent’s 50th anniversary.  So I went home this last weekend.  I actually headed up on Thursday and came back on Monday.  And Saturday, my brother, sister-in-law, and I threw them a party.

It was a fairly simple thing, an open house type of party but many of the people stayed much of the time.  That was a good thing since some of the actual events didn’t take place until the second half since some family coming from way out of town got stuck in traffic.  But no one seemed to mind since they were having fun talking to each other.

We had put together a quiz, and we had some fun going over the correct answers to that.  The my uncle, a retired administrative judge, put my parents on trial for being in love.  Yep, we all found them guilty as charged.  He called up family and friends to be witnesses, and it was a lot of fun.

We used a multi-purpose room at my brother’s church for the event.  It looked great thanks to the decorations my sister-in-law had made and a few I had bought as well.  And we had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert, which was a huge hit.

Most importantly, my parents had a wonderful time.  Mom was grinning the entire time, and I could tell Dad was enjoying himself as well.  Everyone seemed to think it went well.  I’m just thankful for my brother and sister-in-law in all of this.  They live in the same town as my parents, so a lot of this fell on them, and they did a great job of pulling all of it off.  Not to mention they have much more experience with this kind of thing than I do, so they were able to use that expertise to make sure we had the correct amount of everything.

No comments: