Friday, August 16, 2013

Job Update

It’s been a while since I talked about work.  Mainly because I really have nothing to say.

I’m still temping at a company in Burbank.  I’ve been there 11 months now, which is rather hard to believe.  Still no word on hiring me and still no word on when I might leave.

Of course, I did leave for a week, or at least three days.

I got a lead on a temp to hire job in Sylmar, which would be half the drive from home.  So I left my current job with the understanding that I could come back in this other job didn’t work out.

After three days, they decided to hire in house instead of someone from outside, so I was done.  Bummer.  But true to their word, the company I’ve been working for took me back.  So when I returned from Wisconsin, I started back here.

They were thrilled to see me.  Everyone welcomed me back warmly, but my boss most of all.  She really was happy to see me again because she’d been swamped and had projects for me to work on.  That really made me feel great, and since it is why I am here, I was happy to help out.


At some point, I really do want a permanent job.  But in the mean time, this is doing very well for me.

2 comments:

That Loud Redhead said...

Sorry that other job didn't work out, but it sure sounds like they like you at the current place! I do know that feeling of wishing for something permanent. I'll keep praying for you!

Mark Baker said...

Thanks. It was so good to go back to my current job even if it is only temporary.