Friday, February 17, 2012

Trampoline Dodge Ball

I had a new experience last night.  I tried trampoline dodge ball.  And I really enjoyed it.

First, let me explain.  When I was on youth staff at church, I played dodge ball a lot, usually with volleyballs.  I grew tired of it quickly.  And I've never been a super fan of trampolines.  And yet when Chris invited me to try a combo of the two, I was intrigued enough that I had to give it a shot.

It turned out to be lots of fun.  There were around 10 of us playing.  The balls they used were so soft it didn't actually hurt when I got hit in the face.  And I found bouncing on the trampoline to be quite fun.  I would have absolutely loved it had I not been worried about my knee, which has been bugging me off and on since my run on the beach.  But it's doing great today, so I didn't need to worry about it.

It took me a little time to warm up to the game, but once I did it was hard to leave when the place closed.

Of course, my aim still stunk.  If they'd been Frisbee, I would have been amazing!

Speaking of throwing, I can't believe how soar my arm is today.  That's the only part that really is, but oh man I'm shocked.  It's been getting worse as the day goes on, too, so we'll see how playing ultimate tomorrow goes.

The one thing that was annoying was two guys, an employee and his friend, who would keep going back out there in the middle of a round to rejoin a team while those of us who were already out waiting on the sidelines for that round to be over.

On the other hand, there was none of the "get back in" rules that made it so confusing at youth group, so I definitely liked that aspect of things.

All told, it was a fun day.  Since it's an hour away, I don't know how often I'll be going out to play, but I'd certainly consider it again.

No comments: