Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Bachelor Party and Other Parts of Life

There seems to be lots going on right now.

My new roommate has moved in.  So far, so good.  Seriously, I think we'll be getting along fine.  It was looking like we'd get a fourth, but as of now that won't be happening.

Last weekend was the bachelor party for my friend Josh.  He's the friend I did the Camp Pendleton Mud Run with, and I'm in his wedding this weekend.  We started the day at an air soft place north of town.  Yes, it was my first time air soft or paint balling.  I had always figured I wouldn't care for it, and it turns out I was right.  I was one of the first out, and I couldn't hit anyone at all.  I was more than ready to go by the time we left.

After hanging out at Josh's for a couple of hours, we headed out to place to watch the Ultimate Fighting Camp pay per view event.  Again, not my cup of tea.  But we were hanging out with a bunch of guys from church, so that was fun.

The important thing is that Josh really enjoyed the day.  And that made it worth while.

I'm in the process of refinancing my condo.  I can't let these low interest rates pass me by.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough equity to get a real refinance, so I'm having to go with a federal program that allows me to borrow up to 125%.  The downside is that interest rates are a little higher and I am going to have to go back to impounded property taxes and insurance.  Considering that's always been a mess, I am not at all happy about it.

However, I got some great news today.  The appraisal came back, and I do actually have a little equity in my condo.  It's not much, but it's something.  I almost didn't do it because I wasn't sure if the property value was going to be high enough that I could refinance.  Needless to say, I'm thrilled and praising God right now.

Meanwhile, our annual audit is going on at work.  They have lots of questions for my boss, but I haven't had to interact with them too much, at least not yet.  Things seem to be going well, so hopefully that's really the case.

And I'm signed up for my next mud run.  On October 2nd, I will be running the Volkslauf with a friend and two of her friends.  I've really been wanting to do this mud run, so I'm really excited to be signed up for it.  Unfortunately, I haven't been too faithful with my running in August, so I am going to have to crank it up and fast.  But I ran two miles after work Monday and three miles this morning, so I am heading in the right direction.

No comments: