Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mini Review: Ghost a la Mode

Tonight's mini review is of Ghost a la Mode, the first in a new series by Sue Ann Jaffarian.

The book introduces us to Emma Whitecastle who is going through a divorce. But after going with a friend to a seance, she finds she was followed home by a ghost. The ghost is her great-great-great grandmother, a woman who was falsely accused of killing her husband. And the ghost is very insistant that Emma clear her name. Can she do it after all these years?

I normally don't go for the paranormal in my mystery, but since I got a free copy by doing that 5K I did over Labor Day, I wasn't going to pass that up. And I'm glad I didn't because I really enjoyed it. This was one of those books I never wanted to put down. Unfortunately, the climax was a little weaker than I like, but that's my only real complaint.

No comments: