Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Stuck for a Title

Some days, titles come. Some days, they don't. Today is one of those days. But I will not let that be a reason not to blog.

Friday night, I went over to a game night for the career Bible Study I attend. We started by playing Catch Phrase. Then we played Apples to Apples. Then, at 10:30, we decided to play Settlers of Catan.

That was a mistake.

I've never had a game that lasted longer then an hour and a half. Nathan finally won at 2 AM. Yes, you read that right, I was out until 2AM!

If I had it to do over again, I might leave when we sat down to play. But I did have lots of fun. I'm just still trying to recover.

Saturday was the launch party for Murder at the Academy Awards, the first in the series written by Joan Rivers and Jerrilyn Farmer. Since I love Jerrilyn's other books, I had to get this one. Yep, I've already read it. And I really enjoyed it. Plenty of laughs at Hollywood. Gotta love 'em.

Looks like Brennon is moving in tonight.

And that's the big news around here.

2 comments:

...tom... said...

...

We love Apples to Apples here.

We usually have a large group playing (8 or more) so we modify the rules to make the 'chooser' rank their top 3 picks 3-2-1. Players get a point for third, 2 for second, 3 for the best pick/match. First player to 21 (or whatever) wins.

Gets a lot more interaction into the game while people argue/persuade for this card or that card to, first, make the top three and then be chosen higher.


Another one of those 'why did we not think of it..?!?' moments.


By the way, great post title. *snort*.


...tom...
.

Mark Baker said...

I like that idea. I'll have to suggest it next time I play it in a large group.