Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Six Days. I Can Do Better Than That!

Wow, I guess I decided not to blog for almost a week there. Let's see if I can fix that.

In my last post about my thrilling life, I had finished talking about my vacation. Unfortunately, that means it's back to the real world and the boring real world of work and what not.

Work has been a real struggle (especially this week). My mind still wants to let me do whatever I feel like doing all day every day. So to actually sit down and get some work done is a chore. Especially right now when I am supposed to be figuring out how to balance some impossible to balance deposits from the end of last year for a bank reconcilitation. Or should I say bank wreck because that's what it is. I am going to go crazy figuring this out.

So let's talk about anything else.

How about the weather? As I said last week, it's actually been nice here. That's why a week and a half ago or so, I went and played ultimate Frisbee on a Sunday afternoon. Weather in the 80's, no wind. Unfortunately, it has been pretty windy around here. The one thing I hate about living in Southern California is the Santa Anna winds, and we've been fighting them again right now. But they seem to be dying down. Of course, that means cooler weather and rain. But I guess I can't complain since it is winter.

My shoulder was getting better until I tried to do some pull ups. I've been paying for it ever since. Of course, playing ultimate the next day didn't help. It's beginning to feel better, but I have agreed to help some friends move this weekend, so that's not going to help. The good news is, so far I haven't really gained any weight back. I think my focus on running and sit ups - basically doing something every day, has really helped.

The 10th, I got to hang out with Nick and Kurt while their wives were at the baby shower for the Newman baby. Played some Wii and went for a walk, during which I tried the above mentioned pull ups. Other then that, however, it was a fun time.

And I've been going over the Kenny and Katherine's to watch 24 the last two weeks. It's a lot of fun to watch it with someone. Unfortunately, I'm going to ahve to give that up once I start blogging Dancing with the Stars for The Disney Blog again.

Speaking of 24, I am missing the "big changes" they promised. True, the setting is DC and CTU has been dismantled, but it is still the same basic formula. So far, however, they haven't gone the way of the dismal season six, so I am hopeful I will enjoy it overall.

And I think that pretty much brings you up to date on the big things in my life.

No comments: