Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow?!

So last night, I was driving home and the following sing was flashing on the freeway I normally take. "Freeway closed 3 miles ahead due to SNOW."

I thought I lived in Southern California.

Of course, the snow wasn't that close to me. It was just the last exit before the snow on the freeway.

It was 35 when I was driving home. My poor car heater never really warmed up.

Fortunately, we are supposed to start warming up today and get back to the 50s. I never thought I'd say this, but I am looking forward to the warm 50s.

In other news, I got to hang out with Kurt and Kellie for a while on Saturday. We watched Wall-E after a great dinner at Souplantation. They've got their turkey and stuffing soup back again this year. I had two bowls.

And I really hurt my shoulder while working out Monday. It's getting much better, but it's still not completely well. So I've been doing alternatives like running or bike riding. Hopefully if I take another few days off it will heal completely, or at least get back to where it was before.

2 comments:

...tom... said...

...

. . . ...sigh...


...tom...
' your friend from the frozen Midwest... '
.

Anonymous said...

I heard the only way to get to So. Cal. yesterday was on the 101 ... every other road in was CLOSED.

Don't worry, it has been just as gold up here. Wind chill factor was as low as 24 the other night.

There is snow on just about every mountain -- even those in the Bay Area. Snow level dropped to 500 feet farther north, maybe 1,000 feet here (if not lower).

No snow in my area (too low), but the threat was there.