Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mini Review: A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax

Today's mini review is of a reread: A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman.

In the fourth in the series, Mrs. Pollifax is off to Switzerland for the CIA. She's hunting for missing plutonium and they believe it has been sent to a resort. So off she goes to find it.

Once she arrives, she is distracted by a handsome man who won't admit what he does and a boy who is staying with his sick grandmother. Or are they distractions?

This book is the first time that Mrs. Pollifax has to do some detective work. And she does great at it. All the fun and danger of the previous books are here. It's one of my favorites in the series, and I loved rereading it just as much.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I haven't thought about Mrs. Pollifax in a while. I should reread those books at some point. Thanks for the idea Mark! :-)

~Matt

Mark Baker said...

I've found them just as fun on the reread as I did the first time.