Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And Everything Else

Okay, enough bragging. What else have I been up to?

Well, have I got some more good news for you.

I used to collect buttons. I'd say my grandparents really started it because they'd brings them back for me as souviners from their vacations. I doubt I have any that are valuable, but they all mean something to me.

Well, I went to look for them after my last move, and they weren't were I thought they were. So I did a little looking around, but I couldn't find them. Ever since then, I've had the sick feeling they were lost.

Sunday, a sudden thought of where they could be popped into my head, so I went down to the garage to see if they were there. The majority weren't, but I did find a few of them. I didn't feel like giving up, however, so I started looking around the rest of the garage to see if I could find them.

And I did!

They were in a box on a shelf of what I thought were empty boxes. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have them back.

And here's the funny thing. I finally gave in and started collecting the Disney trading pins that they are selling at the parks these days. I had resisted for son long since I knew I'd be tempted to spend lots more then I had on them. And guess what I've been right. Except for one thing. I found I already had two of them. Must have bought them when I went December of 2001. And I didn't give in then. So why am I giving in now?

Don't answer that!

In other news, Clint has his surgery yesterday, and they sent him home from the hospital today. Hope I know what I'm doing as far as taking care of him goes.

I didn't mention, but I got a bad sun burn on my face and the top of my head at the picnic Saturday. It's started peeling today, so it looks like I've got bad dandruff. Fun.

And Casey and I went to see Shrek 3 Saturday. I didn't think it was quite as good as the first two, but it was still pretty funny and worth seeing.

No comments: