Friday, May 11, 2007

And Now the Bad News

In my cliffhanger post on Wednesday, I hinted at some bad news coming in the next post. Well, here you go.

Last week, I learned that my friend Debbie is moving to Arizona. I've tried forbidding her to go, but that just doesn't seem to work. I am really going to miss having her so close.

As I mentioned yesterday, I did go see Spider-man 3 over the weekend with Angelique, Casey, and Clint. Enjoyed it and the company. Afterward, Casey came over and we got the files off my old computer. That's not down in the garage. It's nice to have that behind me, although I wonder what I'm going to do about a printer now.

The biggest plot complication came Monday night. About 7, my new roommate called to tell me he'd be in an accident on his bicycle. He'd swerved to avoid a pedestrian and crashed. The pedal from his bike hit his calf and tore a large, deep gash in it, severing his Achilles tendon. The worst part is, he doesn't have insurance. Because of that, they sent us from the local hospital to the County hospital at USC for treatment. Eventually, they admitted him there, but that was after waiting all night. Then they dragged their feet, releasing him Wednesday with a surgary date set for the 21st.

Since then, he's done some more checking, and he's hoping to get surgary next week at a different hospital. We'll just have to see if it happens or not. But either way, this will mean more flexibility on my part since he'll need lots of help.

I like nice quiet weeks. Especially if this is the alternative.

Still, lots of people from church are jumping in to help. And my boss has been very understanding. I didn't get any sleep Monday night, and he let me off at noon to get some rest. I'm sure I could have taken the entire day off, but there was some stuff I needed to get done. And I've got Monday off if I need it.

No comments: