Monday, June 26, 2006

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Wow, it's been almost two weeks since I updated about my life. Can't believe it's been so long!

I'll start by updating you on what you all really want to know. I won our game of Yahtzee on Saturday night at game night! (I think I spelled it right. Fortunately, I didn't have to spell it to win.)

Wait, that wasn't what you wanted to hear about? :)

I seem to be recovering from my surgery more quickly this go around, which makes me very happy. The doctor has been encouraging as well. I'm basically to the point I was before the surgery three weeks ago. Yes, still a spot that's deeper then the rest. And none of it has scarred over yet, but the rest is very shallow. I must admit to being very nervous about it actually finishing up right now. Translation, I hope we got the problem licked this go around. As I say, the doctor thinks things are going well, so we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Meantime, it has really heated up around here. Decided it's summer. And I so want to go swimming that not being able to is driving me crazy.

Actually, I've been pretty busy in real life this last week. Went to Kurt and Kellie's Tuesday night and hung out with some of Kurt's friends, meaning former jr. highers I haven't seen in years since they've left the church to attent other churches now. It was nice to see them again.

Wednesday, we took the jr. highers to see Cars. Enjoyed it just as much the second time around.

Thursday was youth Bible study followed by career Bible study Friday night. Yep, I finally made it back for the second time this year. Speaking of which, I also decided last week I didn't need to join my church's men's Bible study on Monday nights. I think I have enough Bible studies in my life, couples with church and chapel during the school year. That and the fact that Monday was the only night I was home last week.

Saturday was the aforementioned game night and last night we had a youth staff meeting. Changes are in the works, and I think they'll be good. We'll just have to see what the time table is.

In spite of all that, I also read Murder on the Rocks last week. Decent mystery set at a bed and breakfast, but I really wish I could have gotten a feel for the town earlier. The beginning could have been better written, but on the whole I enjoyed it.

No comments: