Friday, June 30, 2006

30 Minutes

Only 30 minutes left in my work day. Since my brain has been off since at least Wednesday, I am so ready to leave. Plus my boss and I are the only ones left in the office.

We get a four day weekend coming up. I am so looking forward to that. I think lots and lots of vegging are in order. If I get the house cleaned tonight. I am hosting game night tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I will have to come in and do a little work Monday. With today being the last day of the fiscal year, I will put together a deposit. Then I'll process our credit card transactions from the weekend and the first of the month credit card donations. I figure it will only be an hour or two's work. Still, it means I'll have to leave the house every day of the weekend. A day at home doing nothing really sounds nice.

I don't know why I'm so burned out right now, but I am. This rest will be good.

In other news, I actually haven't read in over 48 hours. That's right. My roommate and I are having a contest. During July and August, he's going to try to read 3 books and I'm going to try to read 1o. Considering he doesn't read at all and I read a book a week, this will be a challenge for both of us. We'll see how it goes.

But I am going to cheat. I am going to start my next book tonight when I crawl into bed. I just can't help myself. I'm going through withdrawls!

And I'm getting discouraged with my wound. I'm trying not to be overly sensative, but the small progress it is making is driving me crazy. Have I mentioned recently that I am ready to go swimming? I'm tired of having my life on hold for this. It's been six months!

I need to give it to God. I know that. But I keep taking it back again.

Needless to say, patience has never been a virture I've had an abundance of.

Of course, this is rather ironic considering that on Wednesday, I gave my parents a pep talk about how fine it was going and not to panic and demand more from the doctor. What a difference 48 hours can make.

I'm down to 25 minutes. Probably by the time I finish up the credit card batch for the day, I can leave.

No comments: