Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Flag Day!

A couple weeks ago, I noticed a flag kit at Albertson's when I had finished grocery shopping. I kept forgetting to buy it until last night. Once I got home, I realized it was perfect timing since today is Flag Day.

The best part is, the bracket I would need to attach to my balcony was already there from a previous owner. So all I had to do was put the pole together and put the flag out. Putting the pole together took a little work, but I did it.

I'm quite happy. Can you tell?

In health news, I'm doing better every day. I found that sitting at my computer too much last week hurt, so I limited my computer time. It started doing better Sunday night, which was perfect for me to come back to work on Monday. Although I think my chair here at work is different enough it wouldn't have been a problem.

Went to the doctor Monday night. He's happy with how it is progressing. Almost. It is draining a light brownish high smelly gunk that is a little worrysome. At least to me. He says it means my body is draining an infection and should go away. But considering I've been doing it for months, I hope he's right. He does want me showering twice a day to clean the area out. But after the last couple days, I think I really should be showering all three times I change the dressing.

Of course, that makes the skin around the area more tender. It's really getting red, or was as of this morning.

Can this all be over already?

I am feeling stronger again and have no real pain, so that's good. As long as it heals this time relatively quickly I'll be happy. The pool is so calling me.

The only thing I've done other then work or stay at home was Saturday. I probably did too much, but it was fun.

First was the launch party for Laura Levine's new book, The PMS Murder. Even though I'd already bought, read, and reviewed it, I had to go. Lots of fun.

Then there was game night. Debbie, Kristine, Angelique (who was also at the launch party), and I went to see Cars. It was a fabulous movie! Of course, I didn't expect anything less from Pixar. All four of us really enjoyed it. Then we headed over to Hometown Buffet for dinner. I was turned and hurting by the time I came home, but it was completely worth it.

No comments: