Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another Quiet Week

My life is quiet right now. It's nice that I am searching for the mundane things to blog about.

Monday night we almost missed the fireworks. We left in just enough time to get there, but I didn't know for sure where I was going to try to go and park. As a result, we wound up looking at the fireworks through a break in the trees. Still, we did get to see them and enjoy them.

The fluorescent lights in my bathroom have stopped working. I assumed it was the bulbs (one hadn't worked for quite a while), but I bought new bulbs last night, and it's still not working. Might mean I have to replace a ballast, whatever that is. I'll poke around a little more and see what I can find.

Kurt just called and invited Casey and I over for dinner. That'll be fun.

The sad news this week is that an alumnus of the college was killed in an auto accident this week. While I didn't really know her, I know her parents pretty well as both of them work here. It's sad and it also is a sobering reminder about how short life can be. She was only 26. I was thinking about going to the service, but it turns out to be Saturday when my family is planning to talk. And since this might be the last time we talk to Mom and Dad for the month, I don't want to miss it.

See, Saturday, Mom and Dad leave for a few days in New York before heading to Botswana on a missions trip. They lived there for a few months back when they were first married, so they are looking forward to going back and seeing how things have changed. I'm sure they'll have lots to talk about when they get back. We talk every week, usually Sunday, so it'll feel weird not talking to them when they are out of the country.

No comments: