Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ultimately, I Have Nothing New to Say

So naturally, I'm going to create a blog post about that.

The biggest news is my ultimate game Tuesday night. We got our shirts, which I'm not a big fan of. Got some decoder message on the back I need to figure out what is this weekend. Not nearly as cool as last year's with the Lord of the Disc theme.

There were two women and eight guys, so we did have a few subs. Not as many as I would have liked, however. Especially since one of our guys hurt himself diving for a throw on the second point. One of our better players, mind you. Looks like he's out for the rest of the season.

We played extremely poorly. The other team beat us 17-6. We kept doing things like throwing it away for no good reason. Throwing it way above the person's head, things like that. The other team hadn't won a game yet this year, which I find hard to believe. They played really well.

What frustrated me the most was that they were poor winners. The attitudes of a few players was so arogant and bad it took all the fun out of playing. I'd prepared myself to loose, but that was just the pits.

In other news, Casey and I finished Quantum Leap season 1 last night, and I'm about half way through A Clue for the Puzzle Lady. I'd been warned about the main character and that in these early books she's a chain smoker and a drunk. Honestly, I don't find her that bad. Maybe because I was expecting it going in. The story is entertaining and confusing, the characters likable, and the word play, especially between two of them, is wonderful. I'm having a hard time putting it down. I will most definitely be going back for more and I'm already wishing I hadn't waited two years to read it.

We get the next few days off for the 4th. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow yet, but I'm hoping to take in a movie or two and hit Hurricane Harbor on Monday. We'll see if I can do all the outside stuff I want to do without getting sunburns galore inspite of the sun screen I'll use.

No comments: