Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Time to Catch Up

It's been a while since I've posted here, hasn't it? Maybe I should catch you up a little.

I found out this week that my team did make it to the finals last weekend. We lost there. I would have loved to have been there and played, however. Of course, I had fun with Jennie and Angelique. Why can't I do everything at the same time?

Thursday night, Jared and Scott did an outstanding job leading worship. It's kinda scary to realize that you aren't needed in something. But it's nice at the same time. And, as I've said many times before, I certainly have no quams about being gone right now. They can fill in for me no problem whatsoever.

Thursday night late, I headed out to the trailer park to spend a couple nights with Mom and Dad in their trailer. We got to bed very late, probably something about them not coming until midnight. But we slept in late to make up for it. When we did finally get up, we ran a few errands and then headed up to a poppy preserved we'd heard about outside of Lancaster. There was a bitter cold wind blowing, and it didn't turn out to be nearly as nice as we were told it was. I think it's because it was too cold for the poppies. When our friends had come through, it was during our first sign of spring, but this last week was another round of winter.

Friday night, we played Rummikub. Mom won all but the last game we played, too.

Saturday morning we woke up early, but not by design. We awoke to a siren going off for about 5 minutes at 5:30 AM. It finally stopped and we were going back to sleep when it went off again about 45 minutes later. Dad called the sherrif's office to find out what was going on. It was an alarm to let people in the area know that a prisoner had escaped from the nearby prison. But we did get back to sleep after that and didn't get up until about 11.

We spent the rest of the day hanging out at the trailer and playing games. We played Rummikub again for several hours, and Mom didn't win once. :) We also went for a quick swim.

Sunday was church. We came back here and Dad took at look at my frig and dryer for me. Didn't find anything, so I still don't know what's going on with them. Then we went and played mini-golf. Mom won by a wide margin. At this point, we decided to get dinner, but discovered how many things were closed for Easter. And eating out with Mom and Dad is never easy since they are vegans. Finding a place they will eat is quite a challenge. We eventually did find a Subway that was open. Then we came back to my place and played games.

Now, since I regularly complain about my roommates here, I do need to shave this story as well. A latch on my parent's trailer broke, and they needed to fix it before they could leave. Dad discovered Sunday night late that he needed a drill to make the repair he wanted to make. One of my roommates loaned him his drill overnight, no questions. So they aren't always jerks. :)

No comments: