Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Ups and Downs

I'm really tired of living on emotional rollercoasters. I honestly don't think I've gotten any better then when I was a teenager.

The good - One of my roommates came in to apologize for some stuff he had said about me and his attitude toward me that evening. The best part? It was something I had missed all together since I was in the other room. But it was nice to be apologized to for not being included and invited to be included.

The bad - I am loosing one to three roommates by the end of the month. And I can't get a straight answer as to how many. Right now is when I need to be lining up replacements, not two weeks down the road when they decide on something. Plus the fact that I don't want to have to adjust to new guys yet again. At least I'm getting enough warning to be flexible. :)

Of course, my lack of sleep isn't helping this at all. I stayed awake later then I had planned, partially from a 24 induced adrenilin high and partly worring about money last night. You think I'd learn about God taking care of me. After all, last time this happened I found roommates no problem. Yet here I go again. I can't take this much more.

And yes, this might effect my attendence at Trixie camp this year. If I can't get new roommates fast enough, I can't go.

On the weather front, the "heavy rain" we were supposed to have today never showed up. Which I'm very happy for since we are way water logged. None of the mud slides have effected me directly, but it's rather scary. I hope we have several weeks to dry out and absorb the water we've been given. Yes, this coming from the guy who has been gripping about lack of rain for two years now. Never satisfied, am I?

And can I just say how much I love 24? I got to watch all four episodes of this season last night. Yes, it was a bit much, but I loved it. They had me hooked in the first 5 minutes. Can't wait to see where this season's thrill ride takes us. I'm guessing it's not where I expect it to go.

No comments: