1. Of the many shows that run on Nick-at-Night, what is the one that you would most enjoy sitting down and watching a marathon of?
I always liked Murphey Brown and Wings. And I would gladly sit through a marathon of Mary Tyler Moore or I Love Lucy, which used to be on.
2. What classic show from yesterday has not made it to Nick-at-Nite yet, but you'd like to see it there?
It's not quite time, but I hope Home Improvement shows up eventually.
3. Have repeat on Nick-at-Night given you a new appreciation of an older show? Which one?
I didn't grow up watching a lot of TV so I used Nick at Nite to catch up on what I missed out on. That's how I watched many an episode of I Love Lucy and Mary Tyler Moore. It also introduced me to Newhart, Happy Days, and Laverne and Shirley.
4. What show that is currently on the air do you think our kids will be watching in 20 years on Nick-at-Nite?
Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, and Frasier leap quickly to mind.
5. What is one show that Nick-at-Nite currently runs that you question if the classic label applies to?
Unfortunately, it is a classic, but I have never understood the appeal of Rosanne. The person of the sitcom.
~ BONUS ~ Are there some shows that don't repeat well in later years because they rely on topical humor? (For example, a lot of the Murphy Brown jokes rely on a knowledge of current events when they were produced) Do you sometimes find yourself getting the jokes that younger generations don't? Do you think this topical humor helps or hurts shows from having a long life in repeats?
I think Murphy is a good example. (And it's on now? Must watch!) I think it's a trade-off. Makes for great humor at the time, but it does hurt a show in repeats. Then again, look at The Brady Bunch. The show isn't topical, but the styles sure are. Yet it thrives in reruns.
Now we can get to the Thursday Threesome, brought to us by electricity (at night anyway) and The Back Porch.
Onesome: Light-- Light chocolate or dark chocolate? ...or no chocolate at all?
I'll eat either, but I prefer light chocolate.
Twosome: or-- Yeah, easy stuff this week
Just water please. Some of my friends even joke about my love of water above everything else.
Threesome: Dark-- Light-colored clothing or dark clothes? Which do you prefer to wear? Angel to goth, we're curious?
I'm about split. I wear dark jeans (blue and black) but many different color shirts. I never wear all black or all white.