Monday, January 17, 2005

The Saga - The Next Chapter.

When last we left, I had just figured out that my roommates were not on the same page when it comes to them moving out. Now I'm on the same page with them. I want them all gone. Ok, I at least really don't care any more whether they go or not. And it call comes back to the game night Saturday.

I already have one roommate mad with me over it. I ask another roommate to clean their bathroom before they leave and pick up their stuff in the living room. Nothing happens, and I spend two hours cleaning the condo myself, including both bathrooms.

The roommate who was around Saturday worked until 3:30 or so. I was watching stuff in the living room, and he joined me for a little while. Just before everyone was supposed to come over, I turned off the TV, which he turned back on. In the 10 minutes before everyone showed up, he started watching a movie. But instead of turning it off and going into the other room, he kept watching. Guess what we spent the first two and a half hours doing. That's right, finishing the movie.

The situation has been reversed before, BTW. And I make a point of turning off the TV and/or leaving at the first chance I get.

So, I guess the lesson is, I can't have friends over to my own condo.

Once the movie was over, we started playing Apples to Apples and had a wonderful time. Man, that game is lots of fun!

Sunday brought a further run in. About the time my family calls, one of my roommates decided to clean the frig. He asked me if I wanted to help him. I said no, and he threw a towel at me and stormed off before I could explain that a) my family was about to call and b) I cleaned the entire condo by myself the day before, including his bathroom. After he got back from church, he did apologize, but still.

All this has just confirmed what I've felt for a long time. They resent my presence in my own condo. I will miss the money, but not the attitude that sprung up in my condo.

This does mean things are looking very grim for Trixie Camp again this year. :(

No comments: