Friday, January 14, 2005

The Plot Thickens

So I get up this morning, and I have a note from one roommate, and one roommate only. Yes, the one I've been complaining about the most, ironically. It's a very nice note telling me he's not planning to move out in the near future, he'll give me 30 days notice before he does, and he is looking for a cheaper place but not proactively. Since I think I'm one of the best deals in town, I'm not too worried. He also apologizes for making me worry about all this.

There was nothing from my other two roommates, however. Now happy about that, so I call them and ask them to let me know.

Finally get a call back about 5. That roommates tells me that they'll all be moving out March 1st to give me more time to find new roommates. Sounds different, so I start asking him more questions. Finally, I ask to talk to roommates number 3, who's sitting in the room. He says that he and roommates 1 (who left the note) will move out if they find a cheaper place, but not before March 1st.

So now I don't know what's going on. I do know I have six weeks before I loose them, and I will get a definite answer about March in two weeks. But March will be almost impossible to find roommates. Middle of the semester.

This does also explain why I felt like I was getting mixed signals a week ago. The three of them didn't know what was going on and each thought something different had been decided on.

I think banging my head on the wall will be less painful then trying to figure this all out!

I really, really, really need the opportunity I spoke of to come to be. I'll find out more Tuesday.

No comments: