Thursday, January 13, 2005

Meme Time

Um, I have some catching up to do with these, don't I?

Since this week's is about Elvis, and my answer would be boring, I'm doing last week's TV Tuesday.

1. Did you watch more or less TV during the holidays? Did you sample any new shows in repeats or watch reruns of your favorites to catch-up?
Decidely less. My family never watched TV, and most of what I watch was in reruns anyway.

2. Did you get any TV on DVD as a gift during the holiday season?
Not directly. I didn't have any under the tree waiting for me, but I did use the money I got for Christmas to get Alias season 3, 24 season 3, Crusade complete series and Monk season 2 on DVD.

3. Which do you like more--watching the ball drop in NYC or all the college football bowl games?
Watching the ball drop. Although I must admit Benjamin is wearing off on me. Sports don't drive me crazy like they used to. Then again, I'm usually reading while they're on. Hope this doesn't become a problem for me. I need more TV to watch like I need another hole in my head.

4. Looking forward--are there any mid-season replacements shows or any returning shows your anxious to see?
As you could probably guess from looking at what I bought, I'm most excited about the return of Alias, 24, and Monk.

~ BONUS ~ If you watched Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve (hosted by Regis), rate this year's event without Mr. Clark. Was it good, bad? Just OK? Did you miss Dick Clark or was Regis enough for you?
I saw a few parts of it. But no more or less then I normally watch. What drove me crazy was all the celebs talking about how they missed Dick Clark. They were obviously pre-recorded, so it was pretty lame to me.

And since I need to do every week ever of the Thursday Threesome, I'll start with the first one I missed from the 23rd. It was brought to us by My Two Front Teeth.

Onesome: All-- Ready, set, go! It's all over in just a few days. Are you ready to relax a bit and kick back for a day or two? ...or are you going to be the one working so darned hard to make it all work? (...or is that how you like it?)
By this point, I was ready to relax and enjoy. Starting with a nice car trip, of course.

Twosome: I want-- The easy one : what is it you'd really like for Christmas this year? ...any chance you're getting it?
What I wanted most for Christmas was Apples to Apples, which I got!

Threesome: For Christmas-- For Christmas? Sarah and I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy yourself this weekend!
Why thank you. :)

Ok. Next up was the one from 12/30, brought to us by Work Around the House.

Onesome: Taking-- some time off? Are you on holiday schedule tomorrow? ...or is it just another day in the mines? How about a party in the evening? No?
I was on holiday schedule for an entire week and a half. Didn't work from the 23rd to the 3rd. My plans for New Years Eve fell through, however, so I spent the majority of the evening at home watching DVD's.

Twosome: the Lights-- Hey, is this the weekend all the decorations come down? When do you "de-Christmas" your place?
The decorations came down on the 3rd. Which wasn't soon enough for one of my roommates. But that's generally when my family takes them down. Although I think a couple units in my complex still have theirs up.

Threesome: Down-- time... Are you getting any relaxation time this weekend? ...or are you all wrapped up in parties and events? ..and for the students: are you done with down time? When do you have to go back
Actually, I was all wrap up in helping a friend get packed to move and taking down the lights. I got much needed down time last weekend, however.

Heck, I might as well do them all.

Here's the 6th, brought to us by dinners I refuse to eat.

Onesome: Fish- Do you have a favorite outdoor hobby or are you a strictly stay at home type?
I love to swim and play ultimate Frisbee. But that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me or reads this blog. :)

Twosome: Chips- Do you gamble? Lotto, weekly poker night or weekends in Vegas?
None of the above. I even have a witness that I didn't gamble when I was in Vegas.

Threesome: and mushy peas- What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
Tofu. I certainly consider that strange.

Ok, finally today's, which is brought to us by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Onesome: The Phantom-- Pick one (or more!): Hey, have you seen it yet? Are you going to go see it? Have you seen it on stage? Read the book? What Phantom?
I would like to see the movie, and I'm sure I will at some point. I did see the stage version last time it was in town, and enjoyed it more then I thought I would.

Twosome: of the-- Of the sights and sounds and smells of Spring what are you waiting for the most? ...and what is the first sign in your area that Spring is on its way?
Temps in the 70's for about a week. I love weather in the 70's and 80's!

Threesome: Opera-- Theatre? Stage? Local shows? Do you get a chance to visit any of these venues? Any recommendations on current items?
Let's see, if you haven't seen them, The Incredibles and National Treasure both come highly recommended from me. And there are several more in the theater I'd like to watch right now. I would like to see more stage shows then I do. But, aside from the money, I have a hard time finding someone to go with me.

Ok, I think this post is long enough. I'm going to post now!

No comments: