Saturday, April 17, 2004

[Checks calendar again.]

Yes, it is April. Certainly wouldn't know if from the weather. It's cold out there, and raining. Heck, it was hailing on me at one point while I was out and about today. What happened to my nice spring like weather of Wednesday?

Went to see Home on the Range earlier this afternoon. Not good or bad really. Enjoyable. Although I might have enjoyed it more had I not found out the lead was Roseanne. I can't stand her normally. She was ok here. Typical stuff with some fairly obvious plot points and a few I didn't see coming. Some really funny lines that I seemed to be the only one who got and one completely pointless uncalled for line in the opening few minutes.

So Misty created a Friday Five yesterday. But since it was so late at night, I'm doing it today. So far, I seem to be the only person answering these. Do I get a prize or something. :)

One: Summer is quickly approaching. Do you have any summer vacation plans? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
My brother's college graduation. Extended family get together in Washington. My brother's wedding. Really exciting stuff, isn't it?

Two: Do you have a comfort item you always travel with when taking a trip? What is it and why do you travel with it?
Books. More then I could possibly read. I don't know why, but I must take more books then I need on any trip. 6 books for a four day weekend kind of deal. Or two spares if I'm just starting a book. I'd hate to be caught without something to read, I guess.

Three: What would be the ideal summer vacation spot for you? Are you a sun worshipper or do you prefer to flee to cooler climates when the mercury spikes?
The beach. Anywhere with sun and water.

Four: Plane, train or automobile - Which is your favorite mode of transportation?
Depends on how far I get to go. All have their uses, although if I'm not driving, then I get to read more. :)

Five: If you only had one day in which to travel, where would you go? What are the hot spots near your home?
I could hit Santa Monica or San Diego. Hollywood is right here, too. Never more then a few hours from something fun to do.

No comments: