Thursday, August 01, 2002

The beach was disappointingly cold yesterday. There was a bitter wind blowing, making it hard to get excited about going swimming. Did finally get in late in the day for half an hour or so. Singing went well. Of course, leading singing outside is completely different from inside. For one thing, you can't hear anyone else. Fortunately, I could tell from lips that I wasn't singing in a vacuum. There's nothing worse then trying to determine if what you're doing is what everyone else thinks you're doing.

Of course, came back today to find that Phil had found a problem account in the receivables. Guilt set in big time. Seems like things are falling into place. Hopefully won't be here all weekend working.

Joined a new group blog today. Snark!fest is a place to discuss TV. Does this mean that my TV ramblings will be any less here? Doubt it, but we'll just have to see. I'm not one for repeating myself too much. Not too much anyway.

Speaking of which, I was afraid they'd do something like this on the Mole. I'm going to have to wait another week to see the conclusion. I still say that Bill is the Mole. But we'll just have to wait a week to see, now won't we?

Finally got Shana's blog to update with out thoughts from the weekend. Wish blogger would get their act together.

And you think I could post today and not comment on the latest bombing in Jerusalem? This one hit close to home because I'm 90% certain that Hebrew University is where Seth was attending last fall while he and Keirsten were over there. It's definately some place they've talked about going. I don't remember if I posted or not about the guy I saw when I was on jury duty. He was outside the courthouse every day with big signs defending the Palestinians. BUT THE PALESTINIANS ARE TARGETING CIVILIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anyone get that? Ok, maybe they do have some valid points. I will confess I haven't studied every detail of the last 50 year's history. But the way they are going about fighting this war is wrong and doesn't make me sympathetic to them at all. Quite honestly, I don't think it's a big leap to say they will never be satisfied as long as Israel is give a square inch. That's much harder to prove, but I think the case could be made. Either way, what they're doing right now is dead wrong and the sooner we are willing to do something about it, the better. It'll be interesting to see what the response is since three Americans were killed in the bombing today.

Phil and Jason are leaving, so I think I'll post this, write a review of Kris Neri's first book at Amazon and work on cleaning the apartment. Seth and Keirsten aren't coming until Sunday night now, but I still need to get the place cleaned while I can.

No comments: