Monday, January 01, 2024

September 2023 - Computer Issues of Some Kind

In September, I had a computer meltdown of some kind.  My laptop just shut down on my and it had to wait for the battery to drain itself to be able to turn it on again, a process that took several days.  Fortunately, I have my old laptops, so I was still able to have access to some stuff, although my old laptop is really, really slow.  And a friend at least helped me a little diagnosis the problem.

Both times it happened, I had plugged in my external hard drive to run a backup.  I started plugging it in after the computer had been on for a bit so it had time to warm up, and everything has been fine since then.

Until this last Sunday, when it did it again even though I thought I'd given it long enough to warm up.

I bought a new laptop, although I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.  I'm wondering if it is the laptop or the extern hard drive.  And wondering how I can even go about testing that out.  But I should try to figure it out sooner rather than later, I know.

Got to love technology.  That is, when it is working well.

No comments: