Monday, April 15, 2019

The End of the Heater Saga. I Hope


I left you with a bit of a cliffhanger on my heater, or at least the new thermostat part of it.  We finally connected a week and a half ago for them to connect my replacement.  It took about an hour, and there was a connection he had to make in the ceiling.  Honestly, when he figured that out, I felt better that I couldn’t figure out how to take care of it myself.

Ever since then, it’s been working fine.  Okay, so it doesn’t take much right now since it is right at the part where you only need a little air to cool things down at night, but not much until then.  Still, when I do turn the air on at night, it cools it down in a matter of minutes instead of taking the better part of an hour at a minimum.  As much as this all cost me, I am happy about that.

And I’m having fun with my new thermostat.  It’s one I can control from an app on my phone.  Okay, so I’m not doing much with it yet, but it is still fun to be able to check on my condo and see what the temperature is when I’m not there.  It’s a new toy.  I’m sure I will be using it to adjust the temp more this summer when I am not home at my usual time in the evening and don’t want to cool an empty condo until I am heading home.

No comments: