Wednesday, April 17, 2019

LA Times Festival of Books 2019

This past weekend was the LA Times Festival of Books for 2019.  Yes, of course, I went.

Actually, I went both Saturday and Sunday.  I probably would have only gone on one day, but the friend I always go with had something else she wanted to do on Saturday, so I agreed to go with her on Sunday.  But then I saw who some of the authors were going to be on Saturday only, so I decided I needed to go both days.  Yes, I skipped church on Palm Sunday to go back for the second day, too.

While it isn’t quite as much fun as it was back in the day with fewer authors I want to talk to all day, I still enjoy it.  I even talked to a couple of new authors, and I bought their books.  Now I need to find the time to read them.  As if I weren’t already drowning under books.

I stuck around on Saturday until 4PM, when Ridley Pearson was there signing.  I now have all of the Kingdom Keepers books signed.  And I found out he’s starting a new spinoff series next spring.  Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Sunday, we left around 3.  I can remember the days when we’d stay until it all shut down.  Honestly, by that point, I was tired, so I’m not complaining.  But I’m so glad I went back on Sunday since it was great to spend some time with Angelique.  We don’t see each other as much as we used to, so I’m glad we got to do that.

The weather was wonderful.  It wasn’t windy like it has been here at home for the past week.  Saturday was bordering too hot to be outside all day, but Sunday was cooler.  Couldn’t have asked for nicer days.

Obviously, that means I missed beach league on Saturday.  It looks like we won both of our games, giving us a 4-3 record!  They currently have us ranked 3rd overall.  I’m very happy about that, too.  I’ll be back in the sand this coming weekend.

No comments: